- Education: M.A. (Patna Univ), M.J. (H.S. Gaur Univ, Sagar), Ph.D. (B.R.A.B.U., Muz.)
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +91-8126301529
- Area of Specialization/Interest: Media Studies & Electronic Media Production,Political economy of communication, Media economics, Communication for development & social change, Mass media and society
Awards & Honours:
- DG Doordarshan “Appreciation on record” for Development Communication project, Commonwealth Broadcasting Association Award for productions for a Health Communication campaign.
Best Five publications in last five years:
- Kumar, R. 2016. ‘Interlocalization’: Can India be a party to the process? Global Media & Communication, 12(3), 259-274 (Sage Publications, London, UK).
- Kumar, R. 2016. ICT uses by 14–20-year-olds in India: Imperatives of parental intervention. Interactions: Studies in Communication & Culture, 7: 2, 197–216 (Intellect UK).
- Kumar, R. 2018. Cyberbullies, Bullying, and the Young in India. In Richard West and Christina S. Beck (ed.) The Routledge Handbook of Communication and Bullying (Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group).
- Kumar, R. 2015. Social Media and Civil Society Actions in India. In Axel Bruns et al (ed.) Routledge Companion to Social Media and Politics, pp. 259-67 (Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group).
- Kumar, R. 2018. Community Radio for Participative Community Development in Uttarakhand: An Assessment. Communicator, LIII (2), 03-25 (An IIMC, N. Delhi publication).