Awards & Honours:
- Young Scientist Award, Department of Science & Technology, 1997.
- BOYSCAST Post Doctoral Fellowship at Albert Ludwig University, Freiburg,Germany, Department of Science & Technology, 2002.
- Commonwealth Youth Silver Award by Commonwealth South East Asia Secretariat, 2008.
- Fellow of Tropical Ecology by International Society of Tropical Ecology, 2011.
- National Young Women Bioscientist Award by DBT, Department of Science & Technology, 2005.
Best Five publications in last five years:
- Roy S., Arunachalam, K., Dutta B.K., and A. Arunachalam, 2010, Effect of Organic amendments of soil on growth and productivity of three common crops, Applied Soil Ecology,, 45, pp 78-84
- Balasubramanian D., Arunachalam K., Arunachalam A., and A.K. Das, 2013,
- Balasubramanian D., Arunachalam K., and A. Arunachalam, 2013,
- Tangjang S., Arunachalam A., Arunachalam K., and Balasubramanian D, 2012, Earth worm cowdung and leaf residue alter soil physio-chemical and microbial properties in traditional agro-ecosystem of Arunachal Pradesh, Journal of Tropical Agriculture Vol 50, pp 76-79
- Balsubramanian, D., Arunachalam, K., Arunachalam, A. and A.K. Das, 2012, Decomposition and Nutrient release of Eichhornia crassipes (Mart.) Solms. Under different trophic conditions in wetlands of the eastern Himalayan foothills, Ecological Engineering, 44, pp 111-122
- Community driven, Climate Resilient Hill Farming in Village Ecosystems of NW Himalaya (Uttarakhand), 2012-2015.NICRA, CRIDA, Hyderabad. Funding Agency ICAR, duration 3 years, total funds: 33 Lakhs.
- Development of Medicinal Plant Garden in Doon University, Funding agency: HRDI, Duration 2 years, Total Funds: 20 Lakhs.
- Documentation of Traditional Knowledge in Central Himalayas for Sustainable Development. Funding Agency, DST, Duration 5 years, Total Funds: 49.33 Lakhs.
- Studies on carbon cycling and crop residue management for nutrient enrichment and sustainable production in hill agro ecosystems of Uttarakhand. 2012-15. Duration 3 Years; Funding Agency UGC, Total Funds: 10.65 Lakhs.