Awards & Honours:
- Centre of Excellence; DMC, UAoA, Nainital (2009).
- Recognised Trainer, Training Need Analysis, DoPT, Govt. of India, (Jan, 2008 onwards)
- Chairman, State Committee, preparing State Crises Management Plan (CMP) and Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s), Govt. of Uttarakhand, 21/4/2010
Best Five publications in last five years:
- Naithani, S., and V.B. Mathur, 2014, Specialized Mapping using Climatic Zones for Habitat Conservation, International Journal of Advanced Remote Sensing and GIS, Cloud Publications, Vol 3, pp 660-668 (IF : 1.75)
- Naithani, S., M.M. Doval and N. Juyal, 2008, Turbulent Terrain and Threatened Livelihood, 2nd Australasian Natural Hazards Management Conference, July, Te Papa, Wellington, New Zealand, Stewart, C. (editor), GNS Science Miscellaneous Series, 15, ISSN 1177-2441, ISBN, 978-0-478-19635-1,Poster Paper, e- proceedings, p. 45.
- Naithani, S., V.B. Mathur and Piyoosh Rotella, 2014, Ground Water Prospect Mapping of Pench Tiger Reserve (PTR), Madhya Pradesh, India, Ecology, Environment and Conservation, Vol. 20, pp 51-58
- Naithani, S. and Vinod B. Mathur, 2004, Impact of Change on the Landscapes of Eco-development Area, Himachal Pradesh, August 26th to 29th, (full paper, e- proceedings). MAP ASIA at Beijing, China,
- Rawat, J.S., S. Naithani, G. Rawat, C.M.S. Adhikari and V.S. Rawat, 2004, GIS Overview of Uttaranchal State, India, August 26th to 29th, (full paper, e- proceedings). MAP ASIA, at Beijing, China,