Awards & Honours:
- Awarded with FCT-Research Fellowship, (twice) 2011 & 2007, from Govt. of Portugal.
- Awarded with DST-DAAD Fellowship, from Govt. of India & Govt. of Germany, 2003-2004.
Best Five publications in last five years:
- Vipin K. Saini, João Pires, and Moisés Pinto, 2011,Natural clay binder based extrudates of mesoporous materials: improved materials for selective adsorption of natural and biogas components, Green Chemistry (RCS), , 13, pp 1251 (IF 8.02 )
- Suzana M. Andrade, Perumal Raja, Vipin K Saini, and Si?lvia M. B. Costa, 2012, Polyelectrolyte-Assisted Noncovalent Functionalization of Carbon Nanotubes with Ordered Self-Assemblies of a Water-Soluble Porphyrin, ChemPhysChem (Wiley-VCH), 13, pp 3622 (IF 3.419)
- Vipin K. Saini, João Pires, and Moisés Pinto,2014, Synthesis and adsorption properties of micro/mesoporous carbon-foams prepared from foam-shaped sacrificial templates, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 138, pp 877 (IF 2.259)
- João Pires, Moisés Pinto and Vipin K. Saini,2014, Ethane Selective IRMOF?8 and Its Significance in Ethane?Ethylene Separation by Adsorption Applied Materials and Interface (ACS), 6 pp 12093–12099 (IF 6.723)
- Moisés L. Pinto, Vipin K. Saini, José M. Guil, João Pires, 2014, Introduction of aluminum to porous clay heterostructures to modify the adsorption properties Applied Clay Science, 101, pp 497-502 (IF : 2.467)
- Improvement in indoor air quality (IAQ) using natural clay based nanoporous materials; UGC sponsored Major Research Project (Sanctioned in 2015)